Unconditional suspension of unlawful investment activities: Final warning and notice of prohibition
1. By Notification 1/2021, the Ministry of Planning, Finance and Investment in the Cabinet of the Committee Representing the Pyidaungsu Hluttaw imposed unconditional suspension on issuance of investment permits and endorsements on or after 1 February 2021, the date of illegal usurpation of state power by the terrorist military council.
2. The Ministry of Planning, Finance and Investment of the National Unity Government (‘the Ministry’) endorsed the said Notification through Announcement 3/2021, dated 16 May 2021.
3. In the ‘Three-Pillar Framework Guiding Responsible for Investment and Continued Operations’ issued under Announcement 6/2021, it was confirmed that the National Unity Government shall neither recognise nor honour any new investment approved by an organisation under the control of the terrorist military council.
4. Further, under Announcement 10/2021 dated 30 August 2021, the Ministry has issued a warning that failure to comply with the above prohibitions shall be liable to enforcement action.
5. Final warning and notice of prohibition is hereby given that no investor shall seek a permit or an endorsement from the Myanmar Investment Commission (MIC) under the control of the terrorist military council and that any investor that had initiated or conducted investment activities unlawfully under the above provisions must now suspend their operations unconditionally.
6. Failure to comply with this final warning and prohibition shall be subject to enforcement action leading to severe sanctions and penalties.
7. The Ministry shall from time to time publish a list of companies and investors who are in breach.
Tin Tun Naing
Ministry of Planning, Finance and Investment
The National Unity Government